Signs and Symptoms of Sleep Apnea's Featured Video
Snoring? Waking frequently throughout the night? Feeling tired even after sleeping all night? Are you suffering any of the other signs and symptoms of sleep apnea? You are not alone. Did you know that more than 22 million people suffer from sleep apnea? It can steel your energy and can contribute to some unwanted health issues.
If you find yourself with any of the following signs and symptoms of sleep apnea, then it is time to see Dr. Prada at Lakeside Dentals Solutions. He offers the best sleep apnea treatment in Rockwall Tx, Dallas Tx, and surrounding areas. He is passionate about restoring your sleep so you can enjoy your life.
Click here for more information about scheduling your free consultation with Dr.Prada.
Sleep Apnea Signs and Symptoms in Adults
- Loud or frequent snoring
- Choking or gasping sounds
- Unrefreshing sleep
- Waking up with a dry mouth or a sore throat
- Morning headaches
- Tired throughout the day
- Difficulty concentrating
- Regular and constant Mood swings
- Decreased libido
Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea is the state in which someone cannot breathe properly and repeatedly during their sleep. Typically when this occurs, the brain senses it and sends a signal for the respiratory effort to be made. This could be caused by an obstruction in the airway. Sometimes it could be from a collapse in the soft palate once the person falls asleep. Perhaps the tonsils are inflames and enlarged causing a blockage once sleep sets in. This condition is referred to as Obstructive sleep apnea. What matters here is that the person can initiate the effort to resume breathing. However, it is important to take care of the sleep apnea problem in order to avoid serious health complications that can arise if the condition is left untreated.
Central Sleep Apnea
But in a situation that there is an injury to the brain, then no respiratory effort can be made by the person with sleep apnea. This can be observed in premature children. Another situation where the brain cannot notice the cessation in respiration is when the individual is on opioid use or the person has developed heart failure. When this occurs, it is called Central sleep apnea.
Best Sleep Apnea Doctor Rowlett Tx
If one cannot sleep comfortably, it causes the body the loss of freshness and proper restoration which should have been achieved by resting adequately. This can lead to many complications. Symptoms arise, and the signs are evident in one’s life. Dr. Prada at Lakeside Dental Solutions is a specialist in the diagnosis and treatment of sleep apnea. He is passionate about changing people’s lives for the better by detecting, diagnosing, and treating people with this sleep disorder. Dr. Prada also specializes in pinhole gum surgery.
Signs and Symptoms of Sleep Apnea in Babies
The signs and symptoms in children are a bit different compared to that of the adults. One needs to be sensitive to changes or any unusual situation when dealing with children.
Bedwetting: A child that finds it difficult to breathe in sleep may panic and wet the bed. One may easily overlook this occurrence and assume it is normal, but it is good to get routine diagnosis and assessments to make sure the child is healthy.
Academic Woes: Children need proper sleep because it is very important to their brain development. If their sleep is disturbed by this breathing problem, it will impact their mood and intellectual ability negatively.
Hyperactivity: Children have uncanny ways of expressing themselves, at least before they perfect proper communication skills. When distressed they can portray this by being restless and becoming unreasonably and overly playful. It could be as a result of these little ones not fully understanding their body themselves.
Asthma exacerbation: Sleep apnea could stress the system of a developing child so much that it can worsen their state of health, causing sudden asthma attacks or initiating inflammation in their respiratory tract.
Top 10 Reasons to be Tested for Sleep Apnea
Talking about the ten most important reasons for getting checked is not to cause fear or panic. It is just to create the awareness for any individual to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Overweight: The idea of getting in shape is now trendy, and most people are working out to be healthy, even if it is just for a summer body. The havoc that can be caused by having excess weight is many, and one of them is sleep apnea.
- Age: As we grow older, the fat composition in the body multiplies. When these fat cells build up in the neck and the tongue they can cause considerable obstruction in our windpipes. Sleep apnea can happen to both the young and old, but its risk is higher in adults and continues to increase as one gets older.
- Complications: When sleep apnea is not treated, it could result in worse complications such as Asthma, Heart problems, Cognitive and behavioral disorders, eye problems, gestational diabetes, cancers and a lot more. So to avoid any complication, prevention is best, You are a just a call away to being diagnosed and treated by Dr. Prada. You will instantly feel completely comfortable and well cared for by Dr. Prada and the entire staff at Lakeside Dental Solutions.
- Race or Ethnicity: Studies have shown that sleep apnea is prevalent among Blacks, Native Americans, and Hispanics in contrast to the white race.
- Genetics: Family members can share the gene associated with sleep apnea. A study carried out on sleep apnea with twins, showed that the risk factor of inheriting the gene is high.
- Automobile Accidents: When one does not sleep well at night, the body will try to compensate for the deprived rest during the day. The challenge is that one needs to be active and alert, hence the discord. People with sleep apnea may be driving while fighting the strong urge to sleep. This puts them at risk of falling asleep behind the wheel, leading to accidents.
- Gender: Sleep apnea is found more in men compared to women when they are in their middle ages, but as they get older and women begin to hit menopause, the incidence increases with the females from that point forward.
- Constant fatigue: Being stressed due to work happens to everyone. However, if one gets proper rest and relaxation, they should feel great with regained optimal strength and freshness. If one notices that no matter how much sleep they get, they still require further rest, it could be a signal to schedule an appointment with Dr. Prada, the best sleep apnea doctor in Rockwall Tx.
- Lifestyle: It is good to unwind now and then. But if one drinks alcohol often and includes the habit of smoking, they increase the risk of developing sleep apnea. Alcohol relaxes the muscles necessary for breathing, leading to their collapse, causing obstruction of the airway. Smoking can trigger inflammation, disturb respiration, or even inhibit the function of the nervous system.
- Loss of Libido: When an individual does not get enough sleep, the body releases the stress hormone, Cortisol, which in turn affects the sex drive. If one is stressed continuously, not interested in making love to one’s partner, it will not be sleeping alone that will be lost, the relationship and love may be sacrificed as well. It is better to stay in charge of one’s life and prevent any unwanted eventualities before it gets out of hand. Call Dr. Prada today to schedule your consultation.
Best Sleep Apnea Treatment Rockwall Tx
Much could be said on how to treat and deal with sleep apnea. Numerous studies and research have been done on the topic. Countless training and cases have been experienced by professional healthcare experts. Why not hear it for yourself, in person and be free of the stressful nights. Dreamland is just a peaceful stop away. Contact Dr.Prada now at Lakeside Dental Solutions, Rockwall Texas and be on your way to better sleep.